Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Still Shopping Sunday (ok, we made that one up) and Cyber Monday seem to have become quite the time to shop for your family and friends for the holiday season.
And with all those purchases come lots and lots of packages!
Sadly, we see upticks in package thefts during the holiday season, as some see it as prime package pilfering time. To help minimize thefts in your area, we wanted to pass along some tips!
1. Did you know you can schedule your package delivery for a time that you are home? That’s right! Be home when your gifts arrive so you can make sure they are safely delivered. You can also have your packages delivered to your work during business hours.
2. If you feel comfortable doing so, you can have the package either delivered to a neighbor or have a neighbor pick up the package from your front porch and keep it for you until you get home. If you are an Amazon user, you can take advantage of Amazon Locker, where you can pick up your package from local pickup locations.
3. If something is stolen, file a police report IMMEDIATELY. Don’t wait. If your package was shipped from the U.S. Postal Service, they will actually be the investigating agency so file a stolen package report with them as soon as possible.
4. You can always require signatures on all of your package deliveries. That means that the package you are having delivered has to be signed by you in order for the delivery service to give it to you. Otherwise, they leave a note on your door telling you where the package can be picked up (usually at a local delivery store).
5. Sign up for delivery alerts from the shipper — you’ll know as soon as it’s delivered!
As always, stay safe, Mountain View!